World Cup 2018
How to play
All World Cup bets placed on your account from 1st June onwards will count towards our competition to find the tournament's shrewdest spread bettor. Chart your progress on our leaderboard where you will be ranked by the Total Return on your bets (in % terms) compared to Total Stakes.
It couldn't be easier to enter. Once logged in, simply choose your desired nickname for the competition and hit 'submit'.
Entries will be accepted until the World Cup Final on Sunday 15th July, but a minimum of 20 bets on separate World Cup markets must be placed in order to qualify for one of the cash prizes.
- £5,000 cash prize to the winner
- £1,000 to the runner-up
- £500 to 3rd - 5th places
- £100 to 6th - 10th places
- £2,000 to the leader at the end of the group stage
Terms and conditions
- You agree that by participating in this competition ("Competition"), you will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Promotional Terms") as well as the general rules that apply to your account("Rules"). You should read the Promotional Terms and Rules carefully before deciding whether to participate in the Competition.
- Only Sporting Index customers who correctly complete the form located on the web page at https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-better/world-cup-2018 will be eligible for entry to the Competition. The Competition is free to enter, subject to the Qualifying Bet rules set out in Paragraphs 6 and 7 of these Terms.
- Competition runs from Friday 1st June until 11.59pm on Sunday 15th July. Entrants into the Competition will be accepted for the entire duration of this period.
- To enter the Competition, you must enter your Sporting Index account number, email address and a nickname (14 characters max,) that will be used to identify you.
- By inputting a nickname and entering the Competition you acknowledge that we may publish that nickname on our website to publicly identify the top ranked participants throughout the duration of the Competition.
- We reserve the right to allocate an alternative tournament nickname, at our discretion, if you have provided a nickname that we reasonably deem to be inappropriate.
Every Competition entrant will be ranked on our Competition leaderboard based on their cumulative Total Percentage Return; Shown as:
((Total Return – Total Stake Amount) ÷ Total Stake Amount) × 100.
Total Return is defined as the total amount (£) earned in profits on Sporting Index World Cup 2018 markets.
Total Stake Amount is defined as the total amount (£) staked on Sporting Index World Cup 2018 markets.
EXAMPLE: A client has a Total Stake Amount of £50 with a Total Return of £200. In this instance, his Total Percentage Return would be calculated as 300%. Shown as:
((£200 - £50) ÷ £50) × 100 = 300%
- Only sports spread bets placed on Sporting Index World Cup 2018 markets will count as “Qualifying Bets”.
To qualify for a prize, you need to place a minimum of 20 Qualifying Bets (with a minimum stake of £1 per bet) on different World Cup 2018 markets. The total prize pool shall be £10,000 with constituent prizes as follows:
- £5,000 (Winner of the Competition)
- £1,000 (Runner up)
- £500 (3rd, 4th and 5th places)
- £100 (6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th places)
- £2,000 (Leader at the end of the World Cup 2018 Group Stages)
In the event of a tie for any position on the leaderboard, the following criteria will be applied in order until the tie is resolved to determine rankings:
- The Total Return percentage will be calculated to 5 decimal places; then
- The greater volume of bets on World Cup 2018 markets will rank higher; then
- The time of the first bet placed on World Cup 2018 markets will rank higher.
- In the event that clients remain tied for a leaderboard position after all criteria mentioned above have been applied in order, then any prize relating to that position on the leader board will be shared evenly between all tied entrants.
- All prizes will be paid into your Sporting Index account.
- Only one Competition entry can be made per household.
- All prizes will be paid out within 7 days of the Competition ending - with the exception of the £2,000 prize for the leader at the end of the World Cup 2018 Group Stages. The £2,000 Group Stage leader prize will be paid out within 7 days of Thursday 28th June 2018.
- We reserve the right to withhold the payment of prizes or a portion thereof at any time and upon notice if we have reasonable grounds to believe that:(a) there has been any co-operation, collusion and/or organisation of bets from the same source; or (b) the account is being used for the benefit of a person other than the account holder in contravention of our Rules; or (c) there has been fraudulent or illegal activity in relation to the Promotion (including participation that would be in breach of the law in your local jurisdiction).
- If the Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including due to any unforeseen issue or technical malfunction beyond our reasonable control, we shall incur no liability for the non-awarding of prizes.
- If any term within these Promotional Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining parts, be deemed omitted from these Promotional Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
- These Promotional Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute or claim arising in connection with these Promotional Terms or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If you are resident in another member state of the European Union, you may choose the courts of the member state of the European Union in which you are resident. If you are a resident of Northern Ireland, you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.